Family Traditions!!

Family Traditions!!
Blueberry Cake...passed on from my Grandma...now my kids favorite Birthday Cake!

Saturday, March 19, 2011

Sorry for NO POSTS THIS WEEK...my heart was heavy and no food could fix that! Ok, maybe alittle of my favorite Mango Sorbet!

Didn't you get the MEMO...it was NATIONAL Mental Health "take a break" Week! NO?? NOT REALLY, but I needed it and I took the week off!  No blog, No facebook, No emails, No nothing.  This week started off with a trip to the hospital, 3 hrs from my home, to visit my father.  DOUBLE KNEE SURGERY and a recovery that I in my 40's wouldn't want to do.  I got sick to my stomach a few times during the 3 days I was there.  With my brain fried from hospital information and my stomach churning from hospital smells, vision of scars and stitches, I opened my blog to "anonymous" words of  nonsense!  HERE IS THE TRUTH...when someone sends you "ANONYMOUS" messages...you do not have to listen to them!   It was all craziness and a sense of reality hit me.  I said to myself, it may have even been out loud, "You need a break!"   Remember the Calgon commercials....I needed to be taken away!

* But then it was 70 degrees on Friday and new life started popping up and the Sun was out and my spirit was renewed!





SO Today, I am going to enjoy a yummy breakfast made by my hubby and a cup of coffee from my favorite Keurig Coffee Maker.  Oh, did I mention, I took a break from cleaning this week also, so my day will include a marathon of Windex, Pledge and Cheer to clean those sheets!


Saturday Morning Omelette starts with
*Fresh Eggs, alittle Milk...BLEND
*Add to a Small skillet...we use a Kitchen Aid Omelette Pan (non stick)
*Put your vegetables in your skillet and sautee', then add your eggs.  We use 2 eggs for one omelette.




* Let your eggs brown on one side...add meat and cheese and flip one side over the other.
I use mozzarella cheese...Always use more vegetables than meat and cheese.  Enjoy your favorite breakfast meat but use it in small portions.  Use Cheese in small portions.  GO CRAZY with the Red Peppers, Green Peppers, Onions and Mushrooms.  Throw some spinach in and enjoy.  My favorite:
Eggs, Mozzarella Cheese, Bacon (small amount~1tsp), Red Peppers and Onions.




No matter how good something is...never finish it totally!  Get in the habit of not having to eat every bite...MOM is not always right!  "Eat everything on your plate" is NOT good advice!

Remember it is National Nutrition Month....visit the produce department of your Grocery Store and pick selections that have 5 different colors!  Yellow, Green, Red, Orange, Blue...
enjoy VARIETY in your life!

2 comments:

  1. loved your post! i'm so glad for changing seasons!this morning i made pancakes,sausage,eggs..i added some cinnamon and oats to my regular recipe for pancakes..my family really liked them..then we worked outside for awhile..and yes,i'm trying to cook healthier too..have a good week! Carol Hostetler

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great suggestions...adding healthy ingredients allow us to eliminate those ingredients that have low or no nutritional value. We are so ready for SPRING!

    ReplyDelete