Family Traditions!!

Family Traditions!!
Blueberry Cake...passed on from my Grandma...now my kids favorite Birthday Cake!

Thursday, April 21, 2011

700 CUPCAKES...ALL MADE FROM SCRATCH



If you are going to eat sweets,
 HOMEMADE IS
THE WAY TO GO
Sweets should be once in awhile.  They do not need to be part of your everyday intake, but should be a menu item that YOU DECIDE is right for a certain occasion.  I have learned to control calories and eat Dessert I really enjoy and I keep my serving to 4 BITES...TRY IT... only 4 bites of a Delicious Dessert and push the plate away.  Do not take 4 BIG BITES...BUT 4 Moderate Bites!  I recently made 700 Mini Cupcakes and realized it is the perfect dessert size. 
Here's me with my IN STYLE Hairnet!  

 After preparing and serving a dinner for 200 at my church...12 hours later..
I came home, sat down and along with a hot cup of coffee, I placed an expresso homemade mini cupcake on my plate and ate it with a fork and it took 4 BITES! 
I enjoyed every bite and HONESTLY, I did not need more...4 BITES was enough.  Why does Homemade make a difference...Learn to add FRESH ingredients like Citrus Juice and ZEST...add zest to Vinaigrettes, Icing, fillings, Salads, Teas, Yogurt,  pastas, sauces, etc...
* Citrus Juice is one if the best sources of vitamin C ~ 1 ounce supplies 120% of the Daily Value ~ Vitamn C is known to lead to less body fat and smaller waist measurements.  Some reasearch shows that Vitamin C helps the body utilize fat as a fuel source (instead of just storing it leading to weight gain!)

DID YOU KNOW:   Other studies show us that Vitamin C is not just in the juice, but in the rind too!  A study from University of Arizona reported that eating as little as one Tablespoon of Citrus Zest per week can reduce the risk of some skin cancers by 30%...SO DO NOT THROW AWAY THE Skin of Oranges and Lemons.  WASH THEM, DRY THEM OFF and then ZEST them with a zester or potato peeler.  Use in cooking during the week or freeze. 
Frozen zest will keep about six months!

1 comment:

  1. Love this Christie! I have shared this with tons of friends since I read it and have applied it to my own eating. 48 yo is catching up with me. 4 m&ms is enough to satisfy! One cookie eaten slowly is 4 bites and is enough to satisfy! Thanks for sharing your tidbits!

    ReplyDelete