Family Traditions!!

Family Traditions!!
Blueberry Cake...passed on from my Grandma...now my kids favorite Birthday Cake!

Thursday, February 10, 2011

We can only agree on one thing...WE BOTH LOVE NUTS!

When you ADD the right FOODS, you will start  LOSING the pounds!!  That is a great trade off. 
Ok, let's start by addressing the SQUIRREL on this page.  Yes, the squirrel and I are enemies...I am sorry, but it eats too much and stuffs its cheeks full of nuts.  It takes from the birds and yells at me when I force it to leave my yard.  I am not kidding when I tell you that it calls all its friends into my yard and they laugh at me.
Send me you best TIPS on keeping squirrels out of my birdfeeders.  Watching birds is my time to relax and these nut eaters are making me crazy!!
Ok, they may make me crazy but they are SMART EATERS....
They LOVE Nuts -  Let's Talk about Nuts.  
  • Studies have found that eating nuts regularly reduces the risk of weight gain and obesity.  
  •  Almonds are busting with minerals, B vitamins and vitamin E, one of the body's key antioxidants, plus FIBER and PROTEIN 
  • Numerous studies have also shown that almonds help slash "bad"  LDL cholesterol and lower blood pressure to lower the risk of heart disease. 
When buying Almonds, the best are RAW, UNSALTED ALMONDS...you will get used to them.
    Buy Slivered and Sliced Almonds and use them in recipes that you frequently prepare.  Try Almond Butter...but buy almond butter that has only one ingredient...almonds!
Serving Size ~ 2 Tablespoons  (have 2 servings/day)
Stay tune for more life changing information...

No comments:

Post a Comment