Family Traditions!!

Family Traditions!!
Blueberry Cake...passed on from my Grandma...now my kids favorite Birthday Cake!

Thursday, March 10, 2011

Why is Blogging so addicting!! 2 months as a blogger and I AM HOOKED!

Blogging is the opportunity to share information that can change lives...teach someone how to do something and just simply to connect with others...I LOVE IT!  My newest discovery...GLUTEN FREE FOOD.  My daughter, 18yo,  recently discovered the only solution to her stomach pains is a GLUTEN FREE DIET.   Dr's can't determine problem, but removing gluten has definitely eliminated the pain.  But, she is 18 and she loves GOOD FOOD and loves rice krispie treats, which she couldn't have...UNTIL NOW.  Chex's Rice Cereal is an answer to our prayers...GOOD FOOD THAT IS GOOD FOR HER!  My degree in Nutrition in paying off in my own home!! 

1 bag of marshmallows, 1/2 stick of butter (1/4 cup), 7-8 cups of Chex Rice Cereal.  ~ Melt butter, add marshmallows and melt on low heat.  Take off the heat.  Add the cereal and stir.  Use a rubber spatula to mix and gently crush the cereal as you stir it all together. 

All I gotta say is...YUMMY!!

Remember that 1 teaspoon of Sugar = 4 grams, so this choice of cereal has only a 1/2 teaspoon of sugar per serving.  **REMEMBER TO ALWAYS LOOK AT SERVING SIZE**   
BUT....look for cereal with at least 4 grams of fiber! 

No comments:

Post a Comment