Family Traditions!!

Family Traditions!!
Blueberry Cake...passed on from my Grandma...now my kids favorite Birthday Cake!

Friday, April 1, 2011

Back on TRACK...it is easy to get OFF!!

Do you ever find yourself walking in circles?  I feel that way this week!  It should be Spring, there is Snow on the Ground!  My job I have invested a lifetime in, is not what it should be.  The child I thought would only bring me Joy, is testing my patience!!  WHAT IS GOING ON...I think it is called LIFE!!

I thank the good Lord, He knows how the universe should spin!!  Phil 4:7  And the peace of God, which surpasses every thought, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus

I find BALANCE in FOOD ~  learn to not let your food get you OUT OF CONTROL.  

I shared earlier:

**Pick 5 foods that are always in your weekly diet...add others to accent and always provide VARIETY
**Always Plate in larger portions the Fresh Foods ~ fruit, vegetables and USE great seasoning
Use Luncheon Plates, Put a higher calorie dish in a small dish like a custard cup to keep portion small.

**Do not go hungry, just learn to eat Low Calorie Items in higher amounts and the High Calorie Items in Smaller Amounts.   MEASURE when you are beginning to learn proper PORTION SIZES

For Me my 5 FOODS ~
  • Eggs
  • Raspberries/Blackberries
  • Spinach
  • Plain Yogurt
  • Almonds/Almond Butter



I add Chicken, Fish, Whole Wheat Pasta/Bread, Sweet Potatoes/Potatoes, Fresh Vegetables and Fruit in Season. 



These food are always in my mind as acceptable choices, so when I am eating out or thinking about what I should prepare, I go to my 5 foods and then I can add to them. 

**Learn to Cook for the People you Love...give them Fresh, In Season and Closest to Natural.  Processed foods give them ingredients you are unfamiliar with, remember that when you are shopping!

No comments:

Post a Comment