Family Traditions!!

Family Traditions!!
Blueberry Cake...passed on from my Grandma...now my kids favorite Birthday Cake!

Wednesday, April 6, 2011

I recently spent a week in Sarasota, Florida and enjoyed every minute of the warmth and BLUE BLUE Skies!!  I am a bird watcher or as my Teenage Children say..."a Bird Nerd".  So of course the birds on the beach got my attention!  They were hilarious and would surround you if you had any food at all!  NO, I was not eating on the beach, just walking and enjoying the Sand between my toes...because I do live in OHIO and sand is non existing!
Unlike the Birds, we should be PICKY about we chose to EAT!  We should eat low calorie FOODS in HIGH amounts and high Calorie in LOW amounts.  

My hubbies FABULOUS Chocolate Chip Cookies....do I run and avoid the kitchen when he makes them...MAYBE I lock myself in my bedroom, holding the pillow over my head so I do not smell them.  NO NO NO...I follow my "trick of the trade":
* 4 Bites of the High Calorie Foods I LOVE
* Make smaller batches so they are not around for a long time - make a batch of cookie dough, roll them in cookie size and freeze the dough except for the amount needed for your family that day!  I have a teenage son that can enjoy more than one cookie with a glass of milk!  It is great to be a Teenager!
*Have Something Nutritional with your High Calorie Treat
ex:  Milk and Cookies or Tortilla Chips with Mozzarello Cheese and Salsa.



 Portion PORTION Portion size is the KEY!
  • Use Smaller Plates
  • Measure until you are completely familiar with proper portions!
  • Make your own Salad Dressing - Olive Oil and Apple Vinegar, add pepper and Salt Free Seasoning! Throw a little Celery Seed in.  Cut up some fresh, organic green onions and toss in!  FYI...Organic green onions are only about 20c more/batch and usually are fresher, larger and greener!



*Make MEALS using 4 or more COLORS
 When you focus on COLOR, you tend to pick FRESH Fruit and IN SEASON Vegetables.


Send me your Nutritional Questions...I am here to help YOU!

No comments:

Post a Comment