Family Traditions!!

Family Traditions!!
Blueberry Cake...passed on from my Grandma...now my kids favorite Birthday Cake!

Friday, February 4, 2011

Call me CRAZY, but we all need alittle help, right?

I love McDonald's new Oatmeal ( I know, there I go, more about Oatmeal, it must be the freezing cold temperatures outside!) and how easy it is to get warm Yummy, Tasty Oatmeal into your hands! 
I am not an advocate of Fast Food but I am a Realist and we all have to be out and about and there are times we need to EAT!  Right?? Ok, here comes the HELP part, someone has made it for you and it is still HEALTHY!   Think about it, kids want to stop, you are traveling, early morning meeting...now along with that BLACK COFFEE (ok, that's what I drink),  you can grab a HOT OATMEAL for $1.99.  AND you have choices...oatmeal with brown sugar and oatmeal without.  Ok, you guess, which one am I going to recommend?  DRUM ROLL....without brown sugar!  That's a shocker.  I can eat it wihout sugar because it has sweet apples and raisins in it, but  if it is bland for you, simply ask for a sweetner packet and put JUST ALITTLE in it. 

Why is the 1st meal of the day called BREAKFAST??  Because we need to BREAK the fast that our bodies are in from being sedentary while we slept.  We need to PUT FUEL IN THE CAR (so to speak) to get it running!  The food we eat is burned as it goes into the bodies Kreb Cycle (the engine) and the end result for us is ALERTNESS, ENERGY, A SHARP MIND AND A POSITIVE ATTITUDE!!  Who doesn't want all these traits, I do!!  The right food is important.  I WILL GET ON MY SOAP BOX about kids menu choices next week!  Stay tune, you do not want to miss that!


Do you read Labels?  I am going to help you start...compare:  with brown sugar: 32g Sugar and without brown sugar 18g Sugar
That is a difference of 14 grams of sugar.  Do not always just look at calories, look at sugar amounts. 

OK, all that to say..."Mcdonald's has Oatmeal and you can order it ALL DAY, even late into the night...love that!"  We all need a little help sometime!
INGREDIENTS ~

Fruit & Maple Oatmeal†:
Diced Apples, Cranberry Raisin Blend, Light Cream
Whole grain rolled oats, brown sugar, food starch-modified, salt, natural flavor (plant source), barley malt extract, caramel color.

Fruit & Maple Oatmeal without Brown Sugar†:
Cranberry Raisin Blend, Diced Apples, Light Cream
Whole grain rolled oats, food starch-modified, maltodextrin, natural flavor (plant source), barley malt extract, caramel color.

No comments:

Post a Comment