Family Traditions!!

Family Traditions!!
Blueberry Cake...passed on from my Grandma...now my kids favorite Birthday Cake!

Saturday, February 5, 2011

Do not take yourself so seriously!

The one thing I have accomplished this week is to keep my teenage children LAUGHING! 

 For some reason I look quite ridiculous jumping around and swinging those weights around.  My 14 year old athletic son thinks it is hilarious that the 2 - 5lb weights that I use make me huff and puff!  He is right, I have waited way to long to start using them again!!  My Daughter who trains all year long, taught me how to do push ups with the weights and I did 10 and fell to the floor, she said, "Oh come on, I just did 100!"




Join me in getting off the couch!! Go out and buy a pair of weights (Target, Walmart, I bought mine at Play it again Sports..used equipment...I guess someone didn't get off the couch and use them!!)











THIS DOES NOT COUNT!!



A friend shared with me C25K.com a site online that will help you get off the couch and on your way to running a 5k marathon.  Running not for you, do a dancing video in the privacy of your home.  I use JUST DANCE 2 for the Wii. 

What, my flabby body does not inspire you? Here is some information that should make us all change our diet and get off that couch!!

Tip for the WEEK:
Exercise – we all should be doing something if we want to maximize our weight loss!

Information from the book:  THIN FOR LIFE by Anne Fletcher, MS, RD
“Ideal exercise regime is one that combines aerobic exercise with strength training – lifting weights, also called resistance training.”

Read the next paragraph to understand –
“One advantage of strength training is that by increasing the size of your muscles, you may be increasing your body’s metabolic rate.  In other words, because muscle tissue burns more calories than fat tissue, strength training may help you burn more calories.  And strength training can prevent loss of muscle tissue that occurs with dieting and age.”
Beginners can see results quickly, which keeps them going You do not need to knock yourself out to get benefits: lifting weights 2 to 3 times a week for 30 to 40 minutes per session is adequate.” 

It is suggested that you get initial instruction from a qualified trainer to insure you are doing it correctly!

Another MYTH – FAT TURNS INTO MUSCLE with exercise!  NO!!
However a combination of Healthy Diet and Exercise burns calories and helps you to work off fat and weight training builds your muscle to make it lean and mean!!!  You also lose fat because of increased calorie expenditure related to aerobic and strength training.


No comments:

Post a Comment